Tuesday 30 July 2013

sailing

Hello,
    So far, I have done something to do with the water every day.  A couple days ago, we went out on my uncle Rob's yacht.  The wind was blowing a gale, perfect for sailing.  We finely cut into the wind with our hair blowing wildly;  sitting on the edge of the boat and our feet hanging down barely skimming the water.  I was wearing the sunglasses I happily took back from my cousin Justin who stole them earlier.  
    We found a slightly more sheltered area to go for a swim and Justin said "Why don't we swing off that rope in to the water?"  For some dumb but awesome reason Rob agreed, so he went first.  With his heavy weight he almost capsized the whole boat as the rope was attached to the top of the mast.  A few moments later  it was my turn.  I swung out off the rope but my fingers slipped sending it flying and it stuck on the top of the mast. Unfortunately we weren't able to sail back as it was the 'main' which was needed for the sail.
    We used the motor to get back to the port, and after we tried everything Justin said, " I know! why don't I climb the mast?" And again Rob agreed.  So we put a life jacket on him and wrapped him in ropes and up the mast he went.
    He returned with the rope and a look of total satisfaction.  "Lets do that again!" he yelled

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mack. I love that first paragraph, it really sets the scene and I feel like I am there! That crazy stuff is just the sort of mischevious adventure that I remember about Uncle Rob. If it sounds like fun and is slightly crazy then he's in to it. Sounds like Justin takes after him! xx

    ReplyDelete